This guide helps you to template a mattress for when you need to send it to us to have fitted sheets made. We prefer to come to your boat to this for you but sometimes you are on the other side of the world.
- Lay a piece of plastic or brown paper on the floor. The paper or plastic should be larger than the mattress. Two pieces can be joined together securely with packing tape if needed.
- Lay the mattress on top of the plastic or paper with the mattress FACE DOWN. With a permanent marker, draw around the mattress marking the paper or plastic. Keep the line true to the shape of the mattress as much as possible.
- Carefully remove the mattress. NOW TURN THE PLASTIC OVER and write on the side that was facing the floor, (failure to do this means that you will mirror the mattress and any fitted sheets might not fit). Write the word HEAD where the head of the mattress was. It is very important that the side of the plastic that was FACE DOWN is now the face that you are writing on.
- Carefully cut out along your line.
- Write a reference like the cabin name, bunk name and the depth.
- If there are any distinguishing features such as sections cut out then make any relevant notes on the pattern. Carefully fold the pattern up.
Please download our guide.Download here